Jumat, 05 November 2010


priyanti yuni haryoto

The Benefits of Cucumber

I still remember, how difficult my mother insisted me to eat cucumber when I was a child. It was about 15 years ago, and I was 6 years old. At that time I thought that fruit is weird so I never wanted to eat that, I didn’t know why I could think like that.
Until my father got high blood pressure, and doctor suggested him to consume cucumbers, and when I asked my mother “why?” she just answered that cucumber has many benefits for our health. So I was interested to eat cucumber.

Since that I’ve become addict of that fruit because of its taste.I often take my friend’s lunch if ther’s cucumber on their plate. It’s not sweet and sometimes bitter, but when I eat that fruit I feel relax and freshness comes to my mind. It can be eaten cooked or without cooked.

Who doesn’t know about this fruit . This fruit is not only easy to get, but also cheap. So everyone can get it easily. It has many various nutrient inside it. Cucumber has many benefits for our health. Cucumber contains of 0,65 % protein, 0,1 % fat and 2,2 % carbohydrate. It also contains calcium, iron, magnesium, fosfor, vitamin A, vitamin B1, B2 and C. based on research cucumber also contain of 35.100 – 486.700 ppm linoleuc acid. It is a compound which reduces the activity of tumor. It builds immune system for your body.

These are the benefits of cucumber if we consume it routinely, but remember don’t consume it exaggeratedly because something which is exaggerate is not good.
• The seeds of cucumber have a toxic alkaloid hipoxanti which is function to treat children who suffer from intestinal worms.
• If you have sore throat and make you hard to speak (cough), it can cured by the seeds. The way is : a few seeds of cucumber are mixed with a little salt and mouthwash for several times a day. This treatment can make the lost voice because of illness back.
• Dizziness - a continuous reel so as to reduce the loss can be overcome by consuming raw or cucumber that has been cooked. in addition, cucumbers can also be used to treat dysentery.
• For treatment of high blood pressure, grated cucumber and squeeze the water, then drink. Do it 2 -3 times a day.
• To cleanse the kidneys, grated cucumber and squeeze the water. Drink little by little until the gastric fluid accustomed to receiving cucumber. Consume it routinely.

Do you interest to consume this fruit. I suggest you to consume it because in fact, it has many benefits for our health.

1 komentar:

  1. Great job Yuni, although it sound more like a magazine article than academic essay. Can you also mention the resources of the data that you have put in the essay?
    You can't 'exagerate' what you eat, you can over eat though.
    But overall, it's quite convincing.

    BalasHapus