Kamis, 14 Oktober 2010

Break Time on Campus

Words break time means time where we relax a bit from all activities we had like working and studying.We relax ourselves with some things that can convenient us like coffe,food,and talks with other friends. There is one spot or place that I favourite most in the campus to spend my break time effectively and I can reach it with some stairs, this place is basement canteen besides parking place.

This place is big, with enough tables to be use by college student and also strategic place to people who want to go to the toilet, disscussion room, and university organisation room. Gross toilet in basement, because some of the tools are not work properly as should be.discussion room, with some newspaper, table to gather and discuss something and photocopy machine. Then the organisation room to college student who want to be an activist and learn about organisation, with messy condition of stuffs inside. But the cleanliness outside, basement canteen was clean.

After I reach basement canteen with my friends from upstair,sweat from my body swiftly come down as a hot air inside,eventhough there are some fan, but it is helpless because the fan is not enough to make cold air.But,since this place have variation of foods and drinks,i still love to come especially to spend my break time effectively with my friends around,i easily find them because lot people walk through this basement canteen to go to class or just meet a friend and spend a break time.

Then, the noisy sound comes from these people and it doesn’t bother anyone especially me because I realized this place not only belong to someone else, but it is belong to every people and getting usual to hear noisy sound as I like to hear music from my headphones and also it noisy because the war sound of car and motorcycle in parking place which located exactly besides basement canteen.

Since I came to basement canteen to spend break time with my friends, so we do hard thing to find an appropriate table to take it, and since it break time, it is hard to find a empty table among the people, it is just like searching a golf ball in the grass.however,with patient we can get it and choose what food or drink we want, after choose it, if the order we want, take a time to make it, the waiter or waitress bring it to us even though we must wait until boring since the orders not only came from us. And sometimes if the time point the time to lunch, more people come over here and makes this place noisier than before.

To spend my break time effectively and back to class on time,i usually choose to eat an ice cream and drink coffee instead there are some choices like lamb or chicken kebab,french fries,french potatoes, fresh juices, hot chocolate, cold or hot tea and other cakes with price a little bit expensive from an ordinary price. The ice cream I ate was delicious and when it touch my tongue, i feel the taste of chocolate, vanilla or strawberry cold my throat and relax my mind each time I lick it and I can add my ice cream with some toppings if I want it, then the coffee I drank was sweet because the mixing of the ingredient of milk and coffee, and the time I drank it, the water fresh my throat from hot air.

While I enjoyed my dish,i am also use my eyes to look my friends and have a pleasant conversation,i use my mouth either to talk with them about girlfriend,boyfriend,human,class subject,lecturer,homework,gossiping and others think. We enjoyed our conversation even though the air is hot, but it can be forget since I have an ice cream on my hand and especially with friends around whom cold my heart and body with jokes.

The television on the basement canteen is useless and wastes the electricity, because we hope that is some entertainment or college broadcast to accompany us while we enjoyed ourselves with our dish, but vice versa with the situation, the television only shows advertisement of useless thing like an online game.

However, the situation I had in basement canteen doesn’t influenced me to stop come and spend my time effectively, especially when I had a class on basement, it makes a lot easier for me to relax a bit in basement canteen with my friends and dish on my face, also I hope every negative things that I found on basement canteen can be fix by university, so the people who come to this place become more convenient and more delightful.

1 komentar:

  1. Arief, i find your essay very confusing. You give mixed messages about your feelings. Your organization is poor and your grammar is also very poor. I hope you write better next time.

    BalasHapus