Jumat, 01 Oktober 2010

Yuni Haryoto, Writing 5A

The Tsunami Aceh
My name is Eltira I am 25 years old. For now, I live in Jakarta after my movement from Aceh 6 years ago. Since 5 and half years ago, I have had phobia of water. It’s kind of crazy when I see water, I can make an irrational action and no one can hold me. But I don’t scream in every time I see water. I just get a big afraid if I see big water, like in river or flood. I’ll scream loud very loud if I saw them. I got this phobia because of one event in my life it was about 6 years ago. It makes me so depress and it almost take my breath. This event is a very fear thing, because it can broke my city in only some minutes. I am sure that everyone won’t forget about it. This disaster never thought of us before, because it came one day after christians celebrated Christmast happily. I still remember how it was happen. It was december 26th 2004 at 8 AM .
I just awake from my sleep, and I just collected my spirit that they went when I slept. I just dreamday until I heard so many people screamed loud . So I went out from my room hurrily to seek what was happen. I was so surprised when I see a big of water came from sea shore and I didn’t have time to safe my stuffs because it happened in a minute and I was in panic, I couldn’t think. I was in second floor and I saw my neighbours in the street ran out and tried to safe themselves.They southed each other “help, help “. There were mothers who pick their baby , children ran and cried, they were so panic, and when I realized I just remember of my mom, where is my mom , I ran to the downstairs but suddenly water came and brakkkkk the wall of my house was broken by the water and so was I . I think I would be die at that time. My body was brought by water, I floated and didn’t have anything to hold on. It’s about 10 minutes I floated in the water and felt so scared because I would face the God , I was so scared and finally I was unconscious. In my uncosciousness, I dreamt about my city that is broken by water, it also gave me an image of my city, I cried in my unconsciousness. Suddenly there was light came and I opened my eyes , hardly but I have to open my eyes. There were my mom and my dad smiled, even they smiled I can see that they just cried, there are tears in their eyes, “mom , dad “ I said . they just hug me and say “alhamdulillah” . They thanked to God because we were safe from that disaster . We are evacuated in an area, and it was far from my home. There were so many victim like me and my parents, but unfortunately some of them lost their member of family. I just can cried and gave them support . in fact not only my village that got the disaster, it also attacked Sri Langka, India, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Maladewa dan Thailand. There were so many victims of this disaster, there were about 127.672 and in Nabgroe Aceh Darussalam there were about 105.262 but the exact number of victim people is never unknown.
Tsunami had broken my village and some other areas.It also had separated some people with their family . Although it was so long time ago but I can never forget about it. This disaster could be a warning from God to us, so that we can pray and try to doing good in our life. It was a dark story in the end of year. As a time goes on there were so many construction to build my Aceh back but there still so many barracks that is stayed by people who was victim of Tsunami. I hope government can make the construction faster and put people back in their own places. Amiin.
NB : the amount of the victim is taken from GREEN LIFESTYLE BLOG

2 komentar:

  1. Yuni,I have a few comments; your paragraphs are too long. Shorten them, or else, your readers will get bored. It's OK to write one topic into many paragraphs.
    Your grammar is still sloppy, please pay attention to that.
    There is no English word 'braaakkk'. You can use 'boom'. And please use quotation marks.
    Other than that, it's a nice and easy read, well done.

    BalasHapus
  2. thx for your advice,
    i'll work and try better
    and i still need you :D

    BalasHapus