Jumat, 01 Oktober 2010

My Country and World War II

“Today, they [Europeans] have created a myth in the name of Holocaust and consider it to be above God, religion and the prophet…” Mahmoud Ahmedinejad’s speech in Zahaedan city, Iran.

I never thought that the world would put my country a blasphemy after the war ended. We have lost the war and, that is an undeniable fact. I know that Der Fuhrer was actually wrong. He was driven by ambition and turned him into a cruel leader. With that, my country, Germany, couldn’t get away from taking responsibility for the one who lost, and also responsible for the victims of wars. However, about holocaust, it is just too much for a made up story.

My name is Rudolf Wolfgang. I was a high ranking officer in SS. Or, more exactly, one of Waffen SS child agencies named SS-TV – Death’s Head Units. It was tasked for NAZI concentration camps established in 1934, under command of Lieutenant General Theodore Eicke.

At that time, he was appointed by Heindrich Himmler to be the Inspector of Concentration Camps. Therefore, he had been removed to the main SS office.

So, I know much about how the fascist regime policy in racism against any races except Aryans. Somehow, I am wondering why the Jewish was the only one who had been concerned by the world.

We built a lot of camps like, POW camp, transit camp, and concentration camp. There, in the POW camp, we put our prisoners of war (intelligent, high ranking officer, and, VIP).

Then, unlike the POW camp, or, concentration camp, we use transit camp to hold people until they shipped off to another camps. However, concentration camp built to confine those who are meant to be NAZI’s enemy – Jews, Gypsies, Polish and other races, without any regards to legal norms.

The procedure of imprisonment was also unacceptable. The people who had put in there surely would be threat harsh and very cruel, I might add.

SS-TV divided into two groups. The first one was for the camp staff, which, encompassed the commandant and his personal staff, security police officer and assisting to maintain, and, update prisoner records, the commandant of detention camp that housed the prisoners, administrative staff who has responsibility in fiscal and supply administration of the camp, and, a medical center that managed and assisted by one or two SS medical orderliness.

In 1938 and 1939, the number of those labeled as political enemy and social deviant of NAZI were increasing. It happened simultaneously as the conquest been expanded.

By that, the camps require new system of establishment. At that time, there were six concentration camps in Germany; Dachau, Sachsenhausen, Buchenwald, Flossenburg, Mauthausen, and, Ravensbruck.

As it went on, concentration camps become a place where we kill NAZI’s enemy, instead of pool of forced-labour deployment. Many were killed through working.

Somehow, I heard many rumours about how ruthless the SS were in concentration camp. I mean, the way we kill a large number of people through devices such as, gas chambers and crematory. I think the rumour is irrasional. Because, instead of we needs those confined to help us built our army’s strength, at that time our country’s energy was not sufficient.

World War II was not a small war if I may recall. Then there is no way to waste energy into appropriate things but our victory and glory.

About Auschwitz, it was not fully-a-concentration camp. It was actually a transit camp. I was there for three months and, indeed, no denial, the imprisoned was not threat well and cruel, but, locked them in a room and then mass slaughtered them was not actually happen.

Then the crematory, we use it to sterilized the bodies. There are many imprisoned died through working and starving. To avoid contagious disease, we had to sterilize the bodies. And, the camp was very small for a large number of imprisoned. The possibilities of the contagious disease still affected those imprisoned. Yet of course, they were all easy to get the disease because we did not concern their health for they were all social deviant, and, the enemy of NAZI.

The world may be remembered me as a bad person who did inhuman things. But, I was only doing my job and prove my loyalty to the fatherland. Beside of that, we were not the only one who was bad.

There are many of my comrades who also been slaughter unmercifully by the red army of Russian. Allied troops were also did the same thing. I do not mean to make a justification. But, after Der Fuhrer committed suicide in his bunker, Major General Oshwold ordered me to shoot all the imprisoned and told me that we lost the war. I was like awakened from a sleep. I realize that the one who had been called Der Fuhrer was a mistake.

Then, I disobey the order. I did not spread the words to the comrades. But, I told them that the country has been fallen. They were all good soldiers and loyal.

We left the camp and went for Berlin. There, the red army of Russian captured me. There I saw it with my own eyes that they are not much difference from us. Well, I took it as a punishment for what we all did to innocent people.

To end this note, I would like to make a clarification. All of this was not meant to justify inhumanity or all those same things. This note meant to tell those who read this that we are not that devilish as what it said in history book. Germany was not filled with what you read in books titled the cruelty of or country. We were all the same, just searching for glory in perpetual ways.


1 komentar:

  1. Wow Cush.. Your writing is nicely done and concise. It's full of details, but I notice your lack of feelings toward the experiences. But all in all, it's a really good read and I enjoyed it. And I love the fact that you make your paragrahs nice and short. Well done!

    BalasHapus