Senin, 04 Oktober 2010

Dewata's Island Cries

Dewata Island’s cries


October 1st 2002, sun shine greeted me. I’m awake from my very long rest, the wind in the morning wipe my beautiful long soft hair as if to take me walk across the ocean highway. I made a cup of tea for my beloved who always accompany my days. The ever-present in my life every heartbeat. The person who I always admire, loving, caring guy, strong, and firm. Never he forget to go home and keep my heart closed to him. We always had our breakfast together, a nice boilled eggs, few of potatoes, and not to forget a soup of corn egg. My husband, Julius, is just a simple person in this island, and I just helped him as a part time house maid in foreign citizens, cooking and washing their clothes every morning and finished before the sun came down. Julius worked as an employee parking in downtown. Eventhough his job is a small labor but his heart is rich and full of love. Never I feel doubt for him. We just had married for 2 months, our days were so happy and full of joy,indeed we are a young couple. He would never forget to greet me everytime he went to work and also when he came back. Kissing my fore hear with his soft lips. I never can forget the smell of his clothes, warm of his body when he hug me and whispered “I love you honey, wait for me I will be back soon in a sec”. The heat from the city does not put his spirit down to hurried him to rush his feet to earn a fortune in the morning until the sun do not say hello anymore. It became everyday life, and I always looking forward to coming home with a cup of warm water along with food to give him a replacement light after a day of work.


12 October 2002, is become an unforgettable memory for me. Our daily life is always the same every day. But this time is different than another our beautiful day. From the early dawn I can feel something strange. The sun still greet me but it still feels so bizarre, I really feel the vibration, it is like a very bad feelings surrounding my heart. As if there are greeting from the great Holy God to me. While the Dewata’s island would dissolve in his work, I feel like want to stepped my foot rushing to deliver a meal tonight for my husband who I always loved. I met him, it implied a happiness that is unusual appear on his face. Because this is my first time I brought his dinner for about 2 months we sailed the palace of household. 1 hour went by while I accompanied him, before he finished his work. I start to move myself rushing home, a very warm kiss felt on my forehead. I feel like the warm of his touch staying in my body until I went home. But that it like becomes the last time warm of his touch on my skin, no longer than that I say goodbye to go home earlier to prepare the dinner in our house. Before I can turn my head to see him again, a sudden catastrophic explosion destroyed everything in the environment, and so even the person who I care and love more than anything was thrown away because of the influence of the suicide explosion at Kuta area. There he was, he went away from my life at the same time as the last time I looked at his eyes, he went away from my side. There is no message, not even a premonition, the only treasure that I had in my life from God now left me alone and forever. I could not say anything at that time, only a big shocked, I’m speechless. My life, my heart was like torn in a small pieces part. Nothing more I can say, I only shouting, screaming, and calling his name, hoping I can still hear his voice.

Bali Bombing occurred on the evening of October 12, 2002 in the town of Kuta district on Bali Island, Indonesia, sacrificing 202 people and betrays 209 others, mostly foreign tourists. This event is often regarded as the worst incident of terrorism in Indonesian history. This is my own experience that I could not ever forget, even though it is been 8 years ago, but I still can feel his existence around me in this house. So many time I feel so lonely in my own house, what I can do is just trying to survive by my own feet and try to always and always remember to Julius message, “Keep your faith, and believe in God, He always give the best for His followers”. That is what I called love, loyalty, and sincerity in loving someone in life. I delivered this story to all the victims of Bali bombing to always be patience, and surrender ourselves to the Holy God. This is our faith, this is our temptation from God. What I learn from my religion is, God would never gave temptation to His follower more than our humanity limit.

Listen

Read phonetically

1 komentar: