Jumat, 15 Oktober 2010

Tendu at Lunch Time

There are so many locations that become a favorite place for the students at University of Al Azhar Indonesia. Tenda Biru or Tendu, one of my favorite places for have lunch, it is an outdoor place. But today is my unlucky day because Tendu is more crowded than usual, but I still have lunch there until my stomach is sick.

Tendu is located around my campus; it consists of 4 seats and a round table that made from iron, and then an umbrella which shelters them and it can protect people who sit in there from the sunlight and rain. They are around 13 of them.

As usual, I have lunch at Tendu with my 5 best friends like the previous day, but today, I can see the clouds are very dark, from the white turns to dark gray, and the situation change becoming horrible. I do not care about that, so I seek the seat and then order the food. Unfortunately, Tendu is really crowded today; it is like a traditional market with the buyers and the venders bargain to the price of the vegetables, so noisy. I keep on searching the seat because I am really hungry and order the food as soon as possible, I haven’t had breakfast yet, so my stomach is empty and produce the sound like a drum. Suddenly, some people from other faculty let us to sit on their seat because they have a class, and they want to leave it. I am so glad I can sit and order the food soon. Because Tendu is very crowded, so the venders are busy with the order from other people. I have to wait.

While I wait for the food coming, I notice the new students who sit next to my seat. They talk about the study that they have been studied. I am sure they are from faculty of communication because they talk about broadcasting and advertising. I think they feel difficult to understand the material that their lecturer gave, maybe because it is the first time they study with the different way, unlike when they were in senior high school. I notice them because all of my friends busy with their cell phones, I do not know exactly what they do with those cell phones. Some of them put a smile on their face, and some of them put sour face, and even one of my friends laugh at herself. They are so weird. While I see my friends’ ridiculous behavior, I also notice those new students until I do not realize that my food is already delivered.

I ordered a bottle of cold mineral water and a cup of chicken noodle with meatballs and super duper hot chilies on it. First, I hold the bottle of cold mineral water, and I look at it, it looks so fresh, and then I gulp it to lose my thirsty, it has refreshed me. After that I ready to eat the noodle. It smells really good, I become hungrier because its smell. I mix the noodle with the chopsticks, so the chicken and chilies mixed with the noodle. I eat the chips first, my tummy begins to churn as I reach for the noodle, and then I start to devour the noodle into my mouth. The taste that I feel is very spicy, but I am not worried because I actually love spicy food. After that, I eat the meatball, I can feel the taste of it that contain from the fresh meat, so delicious, and it is very elastic when I chew it.

Suddenly, I have just remembered that I have not had breakfast yet, so my stomach is really pain and hot. Maybe because of too much chilies that I put in the chicken noodle, so that it causes me suffer. My lips turns into blood-red because of hotness, my stomach is hot like a burn, my sweat run down into my face. I cannot move, I just sitting on the seat that made from iron which made my bottom really pain when I am waiting for my friends to finish their food. I think why they cannot eat faster, meanwhile I keep my suffering until I cry, and want to leave Tendu soon. Finally, my friends finish their food.

When my friends and I want to leave Tendu, the rain falls down. I am trapped in it. I wonder why I am so unlucky today. The distance between Tendu and campus are really close, but because it is raining cats and dogs, so people who are trapped in Tendu cannot go anywhere. The thunder starts to strike. I really hate this situation because I am afraid of it. I should have known that rain will fall down when I saw the cloud becomes dark, so that I am not trapped in here with a terrible situation. Suddenly, the weather becomes colder, my hair have been blown by the strong wind, the sprinkling of rain water hit my body, so my clothes are soaking wet from it, in fact I sit underneath the umbrella. After that, the bottle of water that made from plastic and the rice box fly away because of it. The downpour, the thunder, and the strong wind are united into one, it is just like thunderstorm.

Because I wait the rain abates for a long time, I forget that I have a class right now, so I must attend the class on time, I do not want to be late. I decide to run even though the rain is still heavy, and the result is my hair and my t-shirt are wet, my blue jeans is dirty because it is hit by sprinkling of water that mixed with soil. But lucky me, I wear water resistant shoes, so the water does not penetrate into my feet. I am so thank to someone who invented this shoes, at least my feet will not be wrinkled because humid. I do not care about my body that is getting wet because of that rain; the most important thing is I can reach the class on time.

I think Tendu is a cozy place for lunch, but sometimes it can make me crazy because of the things that are really annoying, such as the crowd, the noise, and the bad weather. But so far, maybe Tendu is still my favorite place to have lunch and wait for the class begins. And today is just my unlucky day because those things that happen to me.

1 komentar:

  1. Ira, I love your writing. It really descriptively explains the situation you're in. Well done and well written!

    BalasHapus