Jumat, 15 Oktober 2010

Just another day in Campus

Sometimes, I don’t believe that people is actually thinking. Perhaps they just talking or, merely speaking rubbish or else. Well, to be honest, I don’t mean to be cynic here. But seeing the facts, I dare say, it’s ironic. Ironically stupid that people suppose to use their minds first, before they turn it down low to the things we might known as ‘lust’. Then, what’s been questioning in my mind is, can we – people, really do talking without thinking? Take a big ‘NO’ for answer, then let’s say it, people now has lost their mind.

Maybe someone or something had stolen it from them. Oh, perhaps we should change that idiomatic word, “Cat got your tongue?” Into, “Cat got your mind?”

Well, before I go too far and really mean to be cynic, I have to admit that I might not be best human-still-left-standing-on-earth. Somehow, this afternoon, after beat my tempting pillow and bad, then took heavy steps to campus with that pillow still haunting my mind, a group of student almost succeeds to redeem my intention to go to the class and go home.

They done me no harm, though. Everything was fine as I sat down in Mba Nur’s, enjoying the day. But it is the subject of their conversation became the problem. As hot as the unfriendly sunny day, they were talking about a girl that, one of them excitingly said, “She is smoking hot!”

Okay then, that boy caught my attention as I turned to look at them. There were four of them. The one who just shouted murmured to the other three, well I wasn’t trying to capture his conversation, but, I could hear them passionately talking about sex. He even explicitly described that desire he is having on that girl.

Meanwhile, the other three were all paid much attention to him. As if, that pervert was giving them precious lectures or, an enlightening prophecy from the other world. They laughed then, after the skinny pervertic guy spat his pervertic mind through the word he speaks. But, I tell you, it was no funny nor fun either and, I don’t think those words were suppose to be a practical joke, instead of the proof that we are all in the state of moral degradation.

And then this building and whatever lies around, I am speaking about a university with a great mosque standing still right next to it, and its nonsense word of tagline rules that told us to concern our looks accordingly to religious environment are not giving much influence, seeing the facts that the students are more concern about sex rather than discussing knowledge. Or, perhaps that’s the knowledge they have. But is it possible? If it’s yes, then I am telling you that I don’t believe it.

The weather was hot, I can tell. As hot the subject of their conversation, they made it really hot. Like the rush of blood to my head reacting the stimulation of adrenaline that caused by an emotional response. I began to feel uncomfortable with them. Or, feel strangely hot like angry to hear they really focused on that kind of subject.

More detail to be told. Another pervertic thing added with obscenity as the main course of discussion. At this state, I am eager to ask them one question now. Simple and easy one and it is going to be, “How can you like it, speaking the place you had stayed and, come from there like it is a toy or a mere playground?”

Maybe, when they got the wrong answer, swinging bottle right onto their head would fit well as a lesson. Or, they might need more for it would not give them much. However, I don’t think I had the right to do it, do I? These kinds of things have been justified. That what makes me think I am not authorized in judging people which is subjectively wrong. Though, it is wrong. Maybe people need superman or batman to make it right or, might be not.

I looked on my watch. It’s almost twelve. Adzan began to be sung. I turned away from them. There was no point in listening to talking rubbish that speaking rubbish. Adzan would be worth better to be listened anyway.

I lit my cigarette on. Inhale it deep and it didn’t help. Still distressed, I put a little massage on my head. I wish it could help the emotion. Somehow it was not since more people come made the place hectic and crowd.

I fell that I better move out of the place but I didn’t. So, after a while, there was this girl. She was talking about fashion with her friend next to her. She got a long hair and she might be looks good without that make ups and those fancy things that can be found in shopping malls.

She seemed serious and it tickled me. I thought, I have found the funny side. While those pervertic boys exposing obscenity and have intention to explore it, she also learns about how to help those boys make it properly right. Yes. This one is really funny. I would really love to laugh for this stupidity.

I looked on my watch again and really think that better to move out of this place. All those chattered voice soon would make my neck strangled. Beside of that, I don’t think the place is belong to me anymore. Of course, it would be better to prevent the mood changes.

I walked on. The look of people with different expression placed in there. Some just laughing while the other was gathering together and played with that Blackberry. There also a group who was talking to each other. They seemed serious on that. I saw one of them frowned his face and placed the head on his hand – I remember the pose of thinker statue, Aristotle when I was looking at him and I wish he was thinking about something useful and how to get it done.

Therefore, I found myself in the lobby of this university. There, a sign board caught my attention. It sounds, “Sesuaikan pakaian anda dengan lingkungan mesjid.” I smiled to think that it might be better to put up this way, “Sesuaikan pikiran anda dengan pleajaran di lingkungan mesjid.”

Anyway, like I said earlier, I am not saying that I am the best one here. There still lack of good things inside me. However, I am just trying to think the best one, at least. For, it might be less. If there someone has to make it right, then, it would not be me. But that someone has to be us for we have been placed here, in this so called university.

1 komentar:

  1. Cus, I really enjoyed that, but you seemed to describe your hatred feelings more than your other senses. It would have been great if there was a combination of the other senses that happenned on that day. As far as the ending, I wished you had stopped on the 17th paragraph, it was a really good ending. All in all, it was nicely described. Well done.

    BalasHapus