Jumat, 15 Oktober 2010

The Situation in Critical Literature Class

Habsari Banoewati

04030508040

Writing 5B

The Situation in Critical Literature Class

The situation in critical literature class is very fun because the lecturer is very sweet, this subject makes me realize about what literature is, and my best friend is joining this class too. Even this class has long time duration but I still enjoy and feel fresh in class.

This class starts at one o’clock until three half o’clock and located in sixth floor which is the most quite floor. I was really lazy to get there, even I used elevator. When I came to the class there were only eight students who join this class and I thought it would be bored and can make me sleepy. There are so many empty sits and the air conditioner felt so cold. I brought the books that my lecturer gave me. I opened and read the book and I really didn’t understand. Before the lecturer explained about it I thought this subject is really hard to understand. I really scared at that time because I don’t really like to read book. My lecturer make sure that the student already read the book or not and the result is no one had read the book. We were so lazy because that was the second meeting. The lecturer seemed disappointed. We just gave her a sweet smile and she smile also. She wanted us to read about Plato and after we finish read it she would explain it. After we read every chapter about Plato, Aristotle, Horace, and Longinus, she explained it.

During the explanation, I was really active and also ask some questions. She explained about the chapter very clear and with a good voice that not too fast and not too slowly. She has sweet voice which is very good to listen and she also moved her hand. Every word that she said, I always writes it on my note to remember it. The entire students kept watched her and focus what she said. She asked about our opinion about the subject and we can answer it. Sometime she made some jokes too. We also laughed because we love to make some jokes and that wasn’t making the class become boring.

This subject made me realize what literature is from the history. I studied about classic theory like Plato, Aristotle, Horace, and Longinus. Before I join this class, I have heard about them but I don’t know who they are. I thought they were Gods or heroes in ancient Greek times but my thought a wrong, they are smart people who comment about literature. My lecturer explained again what they said about literature. Because I learn about them, I realize that literature is not far from imitation in real life and literature is really important for our life because there’s a moral lesson. We can learn to be a good person from real life and it is simple but very meaning full. When I started to listen my lecturer and read the book, I really serious and enjoy. This subject is really interesting because every smart figure in this book has different explanation. For example, according to Plato, he thinks that literature is about negative because imitation only for duping but according to Aristotle, literature is about positive because there are so many moral lessons. But the point is a good work must have moral lesson for the reader. Because the interesting subject so it makes want to ask many questions to my lecturer that I never done it before. I usually not ask too much with my lecturer but this class makes me want to ask more and more. I’m quite talkative in this class and make me talkative too in another class.

Occasionally in this class I could play with my best friend. We still can laugh each other like at out side class and also talked little bit with whisperer voice. She sat besides me and sometime her tingly me. Every time my best friend made some jokes in this class, she made me laugh until I wanted to pee and my face become red. She is really good in making some jokes and I hope she can be the greatest comedian in the world. The way she speaks and laugh are very funny. Beside jokes, she can do silly face. Her silly face was very unique because she could move her lips very good. Not just me who laugh about her, but also my lecturer and my friends. When my friends look at us, they laugh because we were fun.

This class is very awesome because the lecturer is really understood the student, my knowledge increase, and my best friend make the entire student laugh. This class make smarter than before.

1 komentar:

  1. Sasa, your writing is not bad. I wish you could write more with your senses to be more descriptive. I really think you can push yourself more. Good job.

    BalasHapus